Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Fat-Burning Run

I wanted to start off my posts with a Pinterest workout that I LOVE. It took me a while to be able to do the whole thing at the suggested incline but it is a great run. What I love about this is that it burns calories*, you run about 1.85 miles, you SWEAT, and it only takes 20 minutes. 

Set Incline to 2
TreadmillInclineChallenging
For a long time I would go to the gym and I would run 3-5 miles on a treadmill and I would get on the elliptical or the stair master for a while and it really didn't feel like it was doing anything. I would spend 1.5 - 2 hours in the gym almost every day and it wasn't showing with how my clothes fit or with the scale. Frustrating!!! Then  started reading about interval training and how that is more effective for weight and fat loss than just running forever. I found this treadmill work out on Pinterest and I never went back to the endless hours on the treadmill. 
To start doing this run, I wanted to see if it was something I could actually do. So I tried the whole thing full out: speed, time, and incline just like it calls for. I made it about half way and I couldn't keep up. There are other ways to ease into it, but I decided the best way for me was the incline. Running on a flat plain is so much easier than running on an incline. So I started going as far as I could on the 2.0 incline and then, when my brain and body were telling me to stop, I'd keep everything the same but go down to a 1.0 or .5 incline. Gradually, I was able to go further and further at the full incline and now I can do the whole thing.
I do this run at least 2, sometimes 3, times every week. I do still run an occasional 5k or 10k on a treadmill (just to switch things up and see if I can do it) and this has made me faster, increased my endurance, AND it's made a difference in the fit of my clothes and on the scale. :-)
*The number of calories you burn depends on each person's individual size. For me, this burns about 190 calories.


No comments:

Post a Comment