Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Intro to Inclines

I decided to try out this little beauty at the gym today. The caption on the pin just read "Treadmill Workout!" and I love me some treadmill work outs.




Before starting this one I noticed that the speed never got above 4 mph so it's good for someone who prefers walking to running. I also noticed (and gave props to whoever created this) that their time intervals and their calculations on how much to change the speed and incline during each portion of the workout were all perfect to lead straight into the next segment. (I had a class in college where they taught us how to create surveys and they said never EVER have a question asking -for example- how often do  you eat ice cream and the answers being like this: 1-3x per week, 3-5x per week, 5-7x per week. If you eat ice cream 3 times a week then you would want to circle to answers. Anyway, it's made me notice when people note intervals incorrectly and this pin, instead of going from 0-5 min, goes 0:00 to 4:59 min and therefore notes the intervals correctly. Ok, my nerd self is shutting up now.)

This workout moves at a nice pace, it's not too intense, but I did start to sweat a little by the end. They say that the first 20 minutes of your workout is when you are burning sugar and carbs and the after that you're burning fat. I would recommend this treadmill workout for those who are just starting to get back in the gym and haven't done a lot of interval training or walking on an incline. For more seasoned gym-goers, I would suggest using this as a warm up before weight training.


The all-knowing treadmill told me that this pin takes you a distance of 1.34 miles and I burned 147 calories. I tend to like it when I get a better caloric output than 1 calorie to every .01 miles. (I personally believe that most treadmills are not exact and the calories are more of a ballpark rather than precisely what you burned. This is also based on my weight so if you weigh more, you will have burned more than I did using this pin.)

Overall, was I sore afterwards? Not really. Was it a nice break from running? Yes. 
Pinterest Win or Fail: WIN

No comments:

Post a Comment