Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Back Fat to Back Fab


For as long as I can remember, I've had "wings." You know, the fat under your arms that bulges out over your bra and over a swimsuit? And then there's the bra-strap bulge that pooches out over your bra in the back that you can see even when you have a t-shirt on? You know what I'm talking about. 
**If you don't know what I'm talking about, then don't worry about reading the rest of this post and be very, very grateful that you were born with nicely sculpted underarms.**
I have tried for years to get rid of these - I've done push-ups, arm circles, lifted weights, etc. Eventually I just figured that it was something genetic and the only way to get rid of it was to have lipo or develop an eating disorder (no, those weren't actual options, I'm just trying to say that I had basically given up on ever being able to get rid of my bathing suit bulges).
THEN I found this on the Pinterest. It's a work out consisting of 4 exercises that work those specific areas. I was skeptical but I've only done this 3 times and I can already see a difference. Crazy, right??? 
Here's what I do:
1) Pull-ups: 30 reps (I'll be honest, I can't do more than 1, maybe 2, pull-ups on my own so I use the machine at the gym that decreases the resistance so I'm only pulling up half of my body weight)
2) Push-up Position Row: 30 reps. 15 on one side, 15 on the other, then 10, then 5, and you're done.
3) Superwoman: 6 reps. Hold the position for 10 seconds, rest for 5. It will only take 90 seconds.
4) Lat Pull Down: 30 reps. 

After the first time I did this, my arms felt fine. Then the next day, I thought they were going to fall off my body. My husband leaned over to gently squeeze my arm and it was…tender to say the least. But then the day after that I had to go back to the gym and do the work out again. I started on the pull-ups and, while I was still super sore, I actually felt stronger. It was weird but an awesome feeling!!
My plan is to keep doing this 2x a week in between some cardio. I'm thinking that next week (week 3), I'll increase the reps to 40 for 2 weeks and then go back to 30 reps and increase the weight. We'll see how that goes but I'll keep you posted.
Let me know if anyone else is trying this and if you're having success!

No comments:

Post a Comment